Google+

Sunday 17 February 2013

I Must Tell Jesus - Wintley Phipps

In the video below, Wintley Phipps preaches on the topic, I must tell Jesus. It is based on the song composed by Elisha A Hoffman in 1893. Hoffman composed this song after meeting a woman who was going through all sorts of suffering. During the visit the woman asked him, what shall I do? Elisha Hoffman is reported to have told her, "You can not do better than to take all your sorrows to Jesus. You must tell Jesus." The lady was immediately lost in meditation and her face lighted up as she said, "Yes I must tell Jesus". On his way home Elisha A Hoffman is reported to have had a vision of that illuminated face and the words, I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus echoing in her mind.

It is from this experience that Elisha Hoffman composed the song, I Must Tell Jesus. It reminds me of 1 Peter 5:7, "cast all your cares on him, for He cares for you". He  is a kind, compassionate friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment